The Employers’ Association (TEA) in conjunction with the Human Resources Group of West Michigan (HRG) are co-hosting the 2018 Fall HR Conference. This strategic oriented conference will focus on the influence of an organization’s “culture” on the employees’ lifecycle. Integrating components of a strong organizational culture throughout the six stages of the lifecycle provides organizations numerous opportunities to harness its power and have real impact.
The conference includes three sessions to provide strategic concepts and tools which can equip businesses to understand and mobilize their culture while attracting, recruiting, onboarding, developing, retaining, and separating employees. There will also be local business sponsors who can answer questions about how their offerings can help employers at various points throughout an employee’s lifecycle.
Defining & Influencing Company Culture
presented by Dr. L. Todd Thomas, Associate Academic Dean Professor, DeVos Graduate School of Management, Northwood University
This session provides direction to understand and (re)shape an organization’s culture while identifying actual benefits of a healthy culture.
- Focus strategic efforts on the drivers of a company’s culture which impact the bottom line
- Measure the organization’s culture to determine gaps between current and desired states
- Determine the best techniques to positively affect culture to best meet business needs
Marketing Your Culture
presented by Mary Reagan Shapton, Founder + Owner, Reagan Marketing + Design
Amanda Welsh, Account Management + Strategy, Reagan Marketing + Design
This session will focus on strategically marketing company culture through social media in order to attract and recruit candidates that match the company culture.
- Apply techniques to internally and externally market company culture to become a more attractive employer
- Utilize the most important social media platforms to engage others regarding the culture
- Integrate information about the organization’s culture into recruitment efforts on the internet to heighten awareness and attract the top candidates
Organizational Culture Throughout the Employee’s Lifecycle
Panel participants include:
Scott VanderLeek, National Recognition Expert, Terryberry
Sonya Hughes, Principal, Inclusive Outcomes LLC
Blythe Kazmierczak, EVP of HR Solutions, Axios HR
The session is a panel discussion with local businesses who excel in delivering innovative approaches and real outcomes during multiple employee lifecycle touch points.
- Position the onboarding process as a strategic enabler of employee success in their roles and within the organization
- Ensure that employee development opportunities are interconnected throughout the organization focusing on future needs
- Recognize and reward employees in meaningful ways that reinforce both the organization’s culture and drive results
- Engage employees through inclusive practices that do not inappropriately advantage or disadvantage anyone
This conference has been submitted for both HRCI and SHRM credit hours. Watch for our promotions and continue to check our website for conference updates!
This event is sponsored by:
Early Bird Price (until 11/1/18): $230 TEA and/or HRG Member | $305 Non-Member
Price (after 11/1/18): $280 TEA and/or HRG Member | $355 Non-Member